Achieve freedom from life’s hurts, habits, and hang-ups at Celebrate Recovery. This ministry seeks to celebrate the HEALING and REDEMPTIVE power found in JESUS CHRIST. We invite you to join us and begin experiencing TRUE LIFE CHANGE. Celebrate Recovery teaches us how to use God’s power and grace to solve life’s problems. God can release us from the addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors that have been holding us back from AUTHENTIC JOY in our lives – come learn how!
Minister: Chuck Smith (918) 623-0826
Celebrate Recovery is a permanent ministry at FBC Okemah and meets 52 weeks a year (every Thursday night). No registration is needed and childcare is available. Join us anytime.
- 5:45pm Fellowship Meal
- 6:30pm Worship/Teaching Time
- 7:30pm Share Groups
- 8:30pm Solid Rock Café
Childcare is available from ages 6 mo – 17 years. Children are welcome to join at the Fellowship Meal.
Thursday Night Breakdown
5:45 Fellowship Meal
Every Thursday we will kick off our program with a fellowship dinner. Dinner costs $3 for adults and includes your meal, drink, and coffee and dessert. (Dessert is served at 8:30 in the Solid Rock Café.)
6:30 Large Group Worship, Teaching & Testimony
We will begin with music and worship, move to announcements, then distribute recognition chips to mark our progress, provide a lesson or a testimony, read the 12 Steps/8 Recovery Principles with their Biblical comparisons, say the serenity prayer together, take a short break, and then meet with our Share groups.
7:30 Celebrate Recovery Share Groups:
Share Groups Will:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the “Principles” in a Christ-Centered recovery.
- Provide you a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up, or habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery’s “FIVE RULES.”
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week, if available.
Share Groups Will Not:
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. We will provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
- Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.
8:30 Solid Rock Café
Join others for a time of fellowship, coffee and dessert after the share group time. It is an excellent way to unwind, relax and get to know others better. Many use this time to connect with a sponsor.
Going Deeper In Step Study
A Step Study is how we work through our hurts, habits, and hang-ups. We use CR’s four Participant Guides to direct us on a personal journey through each of the 12 steps and 8 recovery principles. Step Study Groups are gender-specific and led by men or women who have completed a step study. They meet at another time during the week – meaning not Thursday night. When the group has completed the first Participant Guide, the group is closed to new people. New groups start periodically, so let us know if you’re interested in joining a step group.
Celebrate Recovery Website: http://www.celebraterecovery.com